The last few months have been a wild roller coaster ride for many of us. As we return to work and life starts to become more “normal” a lot of people are looking for ways to freshen up their living spaces. The problem for a lot of us would be finances. While our bodies and souls can recover rather quickly, our wallets are another story. Here are a few ways to update your space that won’t break the bank.
1. Switch the switch plates. Switch plates do not have to be boring! Plain white, beige and metallic are old standbys. Look for plates with designs, colors and bold patterns. This is a great way to add that extra flair to a room.
2. Switch out the lighting. This does not mean that you have to tear out the existing lighting and replace it. A new lamp, shade or even a different type of light bulb can make a dramatic difference in a room.
3. Change out your faucets. Like switch plates we have the old standbys, but there are amazingly beautiful faucets out there that can make your bathroom or kitchen look gorgeous.
4. Back splashes are in right now. You can make the back of a shelving unit pop by using wallpaper or painting it a different accent color. Look for bold, fun colors and dramatic wallpaper. This is an easy weekend project!
5. Paint your front door and add a beautiful wreath. Make a bold statement with a colorful door. Find or make that perfect wreath to give your door that extra touch.
6. Update your placemats, table runners and cloth napkins. If you have never used these then give them a try! This is a fun and inexpensive way to make your table say “wow!” It also makes dinnertime a little more special.
7. Add a new plant or two. Adding greenery to a living space is a great way to add that little extra something to a pace. Not good with the green thumb? Look for artificial options. Artificial plants and flowers have come a long way and look very realistic.
8. Paint a piece of furniture. Update a great old piece with a bit of paint. Not up for stripping and sanding? Try Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, for most projects no stripping or sanding needed.
Remember, a great living space reflects you and your tastes. Have fun!